The Big Data Foundation certification (BDF) is designed to provide you with hands-on experience in using two of the most popular technologies in Big Data processing – Hadoop and MongoDB. You will get the opportunity to practice installing these two technologies through lab exercises. The exercises expose you to real-life Big Data technologies with the purpose of obtaining results from real datasets from Twitter.
“Data is the new science. Big Data holds the answers.” – Pat Gelsinger
- Explain Big Data, its origin, and its characteristics.
- Discuss about the tools applicable to Big Data processing.
- Explain data mining.
- Discuss the popular Big Data technologies – Hadoop and MongoDB.
- Discuss the Big Data projects and the main players involved.
- Identify and obtain relevant datasets when looking at a business problem.
- Install and manage Big Data processing environments based on Hadoop or MongoDB at a departmental level.
- Module 1: Certification Program Introduction
- Module 2: Big Data Fundamentals
- Module 3: Big Data Sources
- Module 4: Data Mining: Concepts and Tools
- Module 5: Big Data Technologies – Hadoop
- Module 6: Big Data Technologies – MongoDB
- Software Engineers
- Application Developers
- IT Architects
- System administrators
- There are no formal prerequisites.
- Successfully passing (65%) the 75-minute exam, consisting of 25 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Big Data Foundation Certification.
($349.00) R4500 excl tax
IOT and Big Data Foundation Certification Training Registration Form